Lauren O. Newton joined Charles G. Monnett III & Associates in 2011. Right out of law school, Lauren worked as a defense attorney representing employers and insurance companies. This background as a defense attorney gives her special insight during negotiations with insurance companies and while fighting for her injured clients. Lauren handles a wide array of cases, including car wrecks, workers’ compensation, premises liability, employment discrimination, and bad faith cases.
Lauren is a fierce advocate for her clients and is not afraid of a fight. In addition to success for her clients in jury trials, she has had recent success at the North Carolina Court of Appeals for two workers’ compensation clients in Myers v. Ben Mynatt Chevrolet Cadillac and Campbell v. Garda USA, Inc.
Lauren graduated from Elon University and worked as a political consultant prior to law school. Lauren graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 2009 and is licensed to practice law in both North and South Carolina. In addition, Lauren is an active member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice in which she currently serves on the Executive Committee and Board of Governors. Lauren is also the founder and President of the NCAJ Women’s Caucus and serves as the North Carolina Revitalization Governor on the Board of Governors for the American Association for Justice. Lauren is also an active member of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys and currently serves as that organization’s Nominations Chair in addition to serving as the Secretary for the local Charlotte Women’s Bar.
Lauren is a proud wife and mother who enjoys spending her time reading, trying new foods, running, and doing Crossfit.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2009
- Elon University, Elon, North Carolina, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (International Studies)
- North Carolina, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2009
- South Carolina, 2015
Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Revitalization Board Member, 2014-2016 term
- Leaders Forum, member since 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, 2006-present
- Federalist Society, member since 2006
Regional & State Associations
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, 2009 - present
- Charlotte Women’s Bar of the NCAWA
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2016
- Gressman-Pollitt Award for Oral Advocacy, 2008
- Chief Justice of Holderness Moot Court, 2008-2009
- Moot Court Negotiation Team, 2007-2009
- Civil Rights Moot Court Team, 2007-2009
- Order of the Barristers, 2009