Andy joined the Firm in the summer of 2022. He has been a lawyer for over thirty years with a career that includes service in the U.S. Marine Corps, a 300 plus attorney law firm, and four different public and private companies.
Andy’s experience as a litigator spans a variety of legal fields such as criminal prosecution and defense, federal civilian employment administrative and judicial disputes, complex commercial litigation and arbitration, and corporate investment bank matters for a top 5 bank.
Andy worked as in-house and General Counsel for several businesses ranging from a NASCAR® race team, a manufacturer and international distributor of medical devices, and a laboratory consulting firm.
Most recently, during the past two years, Andy served clients with personal injury claims, primarily arising from motor vehicle accidents. Previously, Andy was a plaintiff’s litigation attorney, and represented clients in various injury and wrongful death claims.
Andy has tried cases in the state courts in many counties across North Carolina, and in the Federal District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. He has prosecuted appeals before the US Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the North Carolina Court of Appeals. Andy also conducted well over three hundred military courts-martial. He has represented the US Marine Corps in EEOC and MSPB hearings, and in appeals to the EEOC.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA 1991
- Juris Doctor
- Magna cum Laude
- Law Review, Note & Comment Editor
- Order of the Coif
- Winner, Murray S. Love Trial Court Competition
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1984
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Cum laude
- North Carolina State Bar, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1997
- Pennsylvania State Bar, 1991 (inactive)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Finalist, Charlotte Business Journal In-House Counsel of the Year
- U.S. Marine Corps: Active duty 1983-1997; Reserve duty 1997-2006
- Lieutenant Colonel, Retired
- Decorations include the Meritorious Service Medal (twice), the Navy Commendation Medal, and the Navy Achievement Medal