Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents in North Carolina
Whether it is your son or nephew, your husband or wife, we care about the motorcyclist in your life. In the unfortunate event that you or someone you know has been injured or even died in a motorcycle accident, the Charlotte motorcycle accident attorneys at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates are here for you. If you’ve never sought legal help before and you think your motorcycle accident could have been prevented, please call us to take advantage of a free, professional, and confidential consultation. Or, if you or your loved one are unable to set up an in-person appointment, we will come to your home or even the hospital where you are recovering.
At Charles G. Monnett III & Associates, we are committed to protecting the rights of injured motorcyclists. We understand the unique set of challenges they face when out on the road and have decades of experience in helping families and victims get their lives back on track following the devastation of a motorcycle accident.
Millions Recovered for Injured Clients Since 1983
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Understanding the contributing factors in the wreck will help your attorney better evaluate your case. The following list includes seven main causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Left-hand turns from cars
- Parked open car doors
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Unsafe lane changes
- Road conditions
Were you involved in a wreck that stemmed from any of the causes listed above? You may qualify for compensation; our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers in Charlotte can help you determine the viability of your claim. A successful claim could mean valuable financial assistance to help your family with lost wages, medical expenses, and a solid recovery.
Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Cars offer more protection than a motorcycle in a collision, and the injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident can often be severe. The more serious the injury, the more extensive the recovery can be. This is when it’s critical to choose a lawyer who understands the kind of care and treatment you need, so that he or she can help you obtain the right resources.
Our firm has helped people who have suffered from:
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
- Traumatic brain injuries
Brain Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Injuries can come in many forms, but brain injuries are one of the most complex. Sadly, brain injuries are very common in motorcycle accidents, even with a mandated helmet law throughout North Carolina. Brain injuries are not always immediately detectable, and only a medical professional can properly diagnose them.
At Charles G. Monnett III & Associates, our extensive background in catastrophic injuries, particularly traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), has given us invaluable insight into the needs and challenges of those with TBIs recovering from motorcycle accidents.
Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
If after a motorcycle accident you feel fine and have no scrapes or bruises, you could still be suffering from a TBI. Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
Moderate to severe TBI symptoms can include:
- Slurred speech
- Loss of coordination
- Increased confusion
- Constant headaches
- Numbness in arms or legs
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, see a doctor immediately.
The Charlotte motorcycle accident attorneys at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates are some of North Carolina’s leading brain injury trial lawyers. We are members of the North Carolina Governor’s Traumatic Brain Injury Council, and founding partner Charles G. Monnett III is a respected educator and advocator for victims of TBIs throughout the country.
When choosing the right attorney to represent you, be sure to choose one who understands the extensiveness of your injuries and is prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
Contact us today to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney in Charlotte.
Charles was always available and informative on this process.- Susan Z.
Without their help, I would probably have lost everything that I owned.- Rick M.
Lauren Newton exceeded all of my expectations and she genuinely cares about her clients.- Jade B.
The experience I had was exactly what I wanted.- Jacob G.
I was very satisfied.- Raven B.
$13 Million Medical Negligence Verdict
An infant suffered an undiagnosed case of bacterial meningitis that caused severe neurological damage.
$10 Million Car Accident Verdict
Verdict for a child who sustained a severe traumatic brain injury in an automobile accident.
$9.075 Million Car Accident Verdict
Confidential settlement for a family struck by an underage impaired driver.
$8 Million Confidential Settlement
Confidential settlement for an infant with bilateral leg amputations following improper placement of the femoral line.
$4.75 Million Defective Automobile
Settlement for a woman severely injured as a result of a defective automobile.
$3.375 Million Failure to Diagnose
Confidential settlement on behalf of a child with severe visual impairments resulting from the failure to properly diagnose retinopathy of prematurity in a newborn child.
$3 Million Cerebral Palsy
Confidential settlement for a child with cerebral palsy as a result of birth-related brain injury.
$3 Million Negligent Administration of Nerve Block
Confidential settlement for a woman with hypoxic-ischemic brain injury as a result of negligent administration of nerve block for headache.
$2.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
Recovery for a woman who sustained a traumatic brain injury after her vehicle was struck by a commercial truck while stopped for traffic in a construction zone.
$2.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
Workers’ compensation settlement for a man who sustained a traumatic brain injury while employed by a logging company.
What to Avoid Following a Motorcycle Accident
After you’ve sought immediate medical attention, the next few steps following a collision are critical for the outcome of your claim if you choose to file one:
- At all times, you should avoid speaking with the other party’s insurance company. Any information you give them could later be used against you to try and paint you as the driver at fault for the collision.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident—unless you are taken away in an ambulance, stay at the scene until police arrive.
- Avoid conversations with the other driver(s), as this could put you in a compromising position.
- Never admit fault for the crash, even if you think you might have been partially at fault.
- Avoid speaking with insurance adjusters; you may refer them to your attorney.
- Do not share your thoughts or opinions as they could compromise your case.
- Do not accept a settlement without speaking to your attorney. Insurance companies will often offer you less than you are entitled to; ask your lawyer first.
- Do not give a recorded statement. You are not obligated to do this and have the right to decline. It’s best to speak with your lawyer first!
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in North Carolina
Immediately following medical attention, it is highly advised that you contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
If possible, at the scene of the accident, do the following:
- Call 9-1-1 if you or someone else is injured.
- Find a safe place, away from the road and oncoming traffic. This will help avoid the chances of causing another accident.
- Look for witnesses. If you can find a witness who saw part of the accident, it can be a valuable component to your claim.
- Take pictures and document any information about the wreck. Examples can include photos from every angle of the wreck, your injuries, your bike, and all other vehicles. You’ll also want to note the road conditions, time of day, weather, and any events leading up to the collision that you can remember.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. Failing to do so can hurt your claim if your injury worsens as a result of your failure to follow medical advice.
- Contact your insurance provider. File a claim so there is record of the accident.
- Speak to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. An attorney can skillfully navigate you through your claim and help relieve the burden on your shoulders.
However a motorcycle accident has impacted you and your family, the attorneys at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates are ready to help. There are a number of expenses that quickly add up with a collision, and we will do all we can to make sure you have what you need to make the best recovery possible.
Contact us today to set up a free, professional consultation. We can provide honest, clear answers about what is in your best interest, and we only accept payment if we win a settlement or verdict on your behalf. Whether your family is struggling through a catastrophic injury or the loss of a loved one, we can help you take the first step towards your healing.
Call (704) 859-2003 to request your free initial consultation.
Compassionate Legal Professionals
You Won't See Us On TV
Committed to the Community
Experienced Trial Lawyers
Free Consultation for Injury Victims