New Clients Email:

New Clients Email

North Carolina Car Accident Injury Occurring While Working

oxford automobile accident attorneys, picture of a smashed car

North Carolina employment injuries typically must be handled as workers’ compensation claims.  Unless one of the very few exceptions apply, the employee may not bring his or her claim against the employer as a civil lawsuit filed in North Carolina Superior Court.  However, if a third party’s negligence caused the injury, the employee may file a civil claim against that party directly.  Third-party actions are most commonly filed when the employee is injured in a car accident while working. The personal injury experienced lawyers of Maginnis Howard can help you with your separate worker’s compensation claim.

When appropriate, filing a third-party action can be critical to fully recovering from your automobile accident personal injuries.  The damages allowed in civil court exceed those available in workers’ compensation actions.  The primary difference is the availability of pain and suffering damages.  In many cases, a worker’s compensation claim will simply result in your medical bills being paid; you will not be entitled to any additional recovery.  If, however, you file a civil claim for car accident personal injury damages against a third party, they (and their automobile insurance company) will not only be liable for your medical expenses attributable to the car accident but also for pain and suffering damages.  In many cases, juries award pain and suffering damages equal to or greater than the cost of medical treatment, sometimes a multiple of your medical expenses.

The experienced personal injury attorneys of Maginnis Howard frequently file third-party actions in employment-related car accident cases.  Our lawyers offer free consultations for all automobile accident personal injury cases, including work-related accidents.

We accept all car accident injury cases on a contingency basis. That means that you pay no attorneys’ fees until we win.

We represent those injured in a car accident while working throughout North Carolina from our Charlotte, Raleigh, and Fayetteville offices. Please submit new case inquiries by visiting our contact page or calling our office at (919) 526-0450. You may also chat with an agent by clicking on the chat at the bottom of your screen.