Charlotte Car Accident Lawyers
Compassionate & Dedicated Auto Accident Attorneys
A severe car accident in Charlotte can change your life in an instant. Suppose you or someone you know has suffered a severe injury or trauma from a vehicle collision. In that case, you know the difficulty and confusion firsthand—especially if another person’s negligence caused the car crash.
Your recovery might feel like an uphill battle right now, but it does not have to be. Enlisting the aid of an auto accident lawyer in Charlotte can relieve a lot of the stress you are facing while trying to recover compensation.
If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident in the state of North Carolina resulting from someone else’s negligence, our Charlotte car accident attorneys can help you. We offer a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation for all new clients to discuss their unique situations with our Charlotte car accident lawyers and learn more about their legal rights and options. You’re not alone in your circumstance, and we want to help.
Call our Charlotte car accident attorneys today to schedule your FREE consultation. Dial (704) 859-2003 or email us.
Looking for specific information? Jump to any section on this page by clicking here:
- Common Types of Car Accidents
- Injuries Often Suffered by Car Accident Victims
- How Long Do I Have to File My Claim?
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- What Happens After a Car Accident That Wasn't My Fault?
- How Long Does a Car Accident Settlement Take?
- Do I Need an Attorney?
- When Should I Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
What Are Some Common Types of Car Accidents?
Our Charlotte car accident attorney can assist you after any type of car accident. No matter how many parties were involved or who caused the crash, we know what to do to figure out liability, create your claim, and demand compensation.
Different types of car accident cases we can assist with:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- SUV rollovers
- Multi vehicle collisions
- Distracted driving accidents
Injuries Often Suffered by Car Accident Victims
A violent collision can cause life-changing injuries in an instant. While you are dealing with a catastrophic injury, you shouldn’t have to also deal with the headaches that an auto insurance company can cause. Leave your case up to our Charlotte auto accident lawyers, so you can focus on healing and recovering.
Catastrophic injuries that are often reported in car accident cases include:
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Spine injuries
Do not face injuries like this alone. After a car accident in Charlotte, NC, contact one of our car accident lawyers near you!
What Is North Carolina's Statute of Limitations?
After you are in a car accident in North Carolina, you have three years from the date your injury occurred to file a personal injury claim in court for any unpaid damages. When the three-year statute of limitations ends, you cannot file a claim without the high chance of the court dismissing it immediately. Do not hesitate to retain a Charlotte car accident lawyer. Three years will pass surprisingly fast while you are dealing with the aftermath of a bad accident.
Four Things to Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, you should always take these four steps:
- Call for help: Dial 911 if someone has been hurt, or if damage to your vehicle has left pieces of it in the road, where others could crash into it.
- Collect evidence: Photograph the scene and all injuries thoroughly with your smartphone. Get insurance and identifying information from the other driver. Write down the contact information of anyone who stops and offers an eyewitness testimony.
- See a doctor: Do not hesitate to see a medical professional the same day as your accident. Even if you feel fine, you should see a doctor. A checkup bookmarks the date of your accident in an official medical record, not to mention it helps ensure there aren’t underlying injuries you haven’t noticed.
- Talk to an attorney: Once you are done with the doctor, go ahead and dial (704) 859-2003 to connect with our Charlotte car accident lawyer. The sooner we hear about your case, the sooner we can help build your claim if it seems like a good fit for our firm.
What Happens After a Car Accident That Is Not Your Fault?
After being in a car accident that was not your fault, you might need to fight for your right to fair compensation. The path begins with getting evidence at the scene of the crash before speaking with an attorney. We would be honored to tell you about what you can expect to happen next.
Steps that are often necessary to take in a car accident claim are:
- See a doctor if you have not seen one already.
- Build your claim with an attorney, who can use evidence to calculate damages and pinpoint liability.
- File the claim with an initial demand letter.
- Respond to any replies, which will likely be denials or requests for more information.
- Negotiate a fair settlement amount while preparing for trial.
- Go to litigation if the case cannot be settled fairly.
How Long Does a Car Accident Settlement Take?
Should you accept the first offer you get after being in a car accident simply to close the case early? In practically all cases, the answer is ‘no.’ Insurance companies like to tempt car accident claimants into taking lowball settlement amounts that effectively cheat them out of thousands and thousands of dollars. Before you take accept any settlement, you should run it by your Charlotte auto accident lawyers.
Of course, not taking the first offer that comes your way is going to extend the amount of time it takes to close your case. But how long does a car accident settlement take if you don’t accept the first one? The answer varies from case to case because reaching a fair settlement amount can be tricky.
Factors that will change the timeline for your car accident case include:
- Liability: At the groundwork of every car accident claim is the concept of liability, which describes how much at-fault each party is for the crash. When the opposing insurance company contests liability to try to increase your fault, your settlement will be more difficult to reach. Convincing evidence can be useful to determine liability and settle the dispute.
- Damages: Another part of your claim that can be disputed is your damages. Our attorneys will work diligently to accurately calculate your damages, but the opposing insurer will probably still try to find ways to lessen the amount you are owed.
- Maximum medical improvement: Your maximum medical improvement (MMI) is the point at which your doctors think you cannot reasonably recover more from your injuries, regardless of the treatments used and the time you are given to rest. Until you reach your MMI, the full extent of your treatments will be unknown, as will the cost of them. Your settlement could take longer if it takes you longer to reach your MMI.
How much does the average settlement take, though? When considering everything, an average settlement can take three or four months if there are no serious conflicts between the claimant and the defendant. If there are disputes that need to be cleared up, then a settlement can take nine months or more. Again, this is only an estimation because all cases are unique.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My Car Accident?
You technically don’t need an attorney for your claim. If no one was hurt, and your vehicle was minorly damaged, then it might not even be necessary to get an auto accident attorney’s help. However, for the most part, it is highly advised that you hire a car accident lawyer to work on your case with you.
Insurance companies have strong defense teams who spend 40 hours a week fighting and defeating claimants just like you. If you enter into settlement negotiations or litigation without an attorney of your own, then you could hand a big advantage to the opposition. They will not hesitate to use every single tactic against you to exploit your lack of legal knowledge and experience.
When Should You Get a Charlotte Car Accident Lawyer?
You do not want to wait too long after your accident to hire a lawyer. It is ideal to seek legal counsel as soon as possible, so the attorney can get started on gathering evidence and preserving it before it fades away or gets lost entirely.
The sooner you contact an auto accident attorney in Charlotte, NC, the better the chance you have of receiving fair compensation for your medical bills, wages lost due to time off work, pain, and suffering.
Put an Experienced Team of Charlotte Car Accident Lawyers on Your Side
Every year, approximately 2.6 million passengers or drivers are injured in collisions, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Most—if not all—of these crashes could have likely been prevented.
You deserve to move on with your life, and stay focused on your recovery, getting back to work, and taking care of your family. The Charlotte car accident attorneys at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates are ready to help you do that. You may have discovered this page while searching for direction or professional assistance following an accident; we have the knowledge, skill and experience you need on your side in this difficult time. The other driver’s insurance company will begin to investigate the accident and protect their interests immediately. Let us do the same for you. Read on to learn more about how our Charlotte auto accident lawyers can help you after your car accident.
Call our Charlotte car accident lawyers today at (704) 859-2003 or submit an online contact form to get started with your complimentary case review.
Read More About Car Accident Topics:
TestimonialsWhat Our Clients Say About Us
Charles was always available and informative on this process.- Susan Z.
Without their help, I would probably have lost everything that I owned.- Rick M.
Lauren Newton exceeded all of my expectations and she genuinely cares about her clients.- Jade B.
The experience I had was exactly what I wanted.- Jacob G.
I was very satisfied.- Raven B.
Proven Record of Success
$9.075 Million Car Accident Verdict
Confidential settlement for a family struck by an underage impaired driver.
$2.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
Recovery for a woman who sustained a traumatic brain injury after her vehicle was struck by a commercial truck while stopped for traffic in a construction zone.
$2.3 Million Wrongful Death
Settlement for estate of man killed in collision with a truck.
$1.637+ Million Dram Shop Jury Verdict
Jury verdict for young married couple struck by a drunk driver who had just left a bar where he had been served more than 10 drinks in just over 2 hours.
$1.05 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
Arbitration award for a mild traumatic brain injury sustained in an automobile wreck.
Speak to an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
The Charlotte car accident lawyers at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates know from experience how challenging a car accident can be—regardless of the level of property damage or personal injury. You do not have to fight alone. Our team is seasoned with decades of experience, along with the skills and knowledge to ensure you get the assistance you need. As your advocates, we will collect medical records, make phone calls, and put you in touch with top specialists and therapists to ensure you receive the highest level of attention and care.
Contact an experienced attorney today by calling (704) 859-2003.
What Sets Us Apart
Compassionate Legal Professionals
You Won't See Us On TV
Committed to the Community
Experienced Trial Lawyers
Free Consultation for Injury Victims