Charlotte Construction Accident Attorneys
Injured on the Job? Our Firm Can Help.
Construction sites are some of the most dangerous places to work. Every day, construction workers are at a relatively high risk of work-related accidents and injuries. In severe cases, construction accidents can even be fatal.
If you were injured on a construction site or if your loved one was killed in a construction accident, we offer our sincerest condolences. At Charles G. Monnett III & Associates, we have spent more than 37 years fighting for the rights of catastrophically injured workers and their families. Our Charlotte construction accident attorneys understand the challenges you face and how to navigate the legal process in an effort to recover the maximum compensation you are owed.
Types of Construction Site Accidents
There are many different types of construction site accidents, including:
- Crane accidents
- Falls from ladders
- Un-barricaded fall hazards
- Machine failures
- Scaffolding failures and collapses
- Wall, roof, or column collapses
Common Construction Accident Injuries
Injuries due to construction site accidents are often severe, resulting in crushed or amputated limbs, total or partial paralysis, spinal cord injuries, burns, vision loss, hearing damage, back and neck injuries, loss of mobility, and other permanent disabilities. Many construction accidents lead to death.
Some common construction-related injuries include:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Equipment failures
- Forklift and warehouse injuries
- Manufacturing plant injuries
- Occupational diseases
- Repetitive use injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
Misuse of heavy machinery and tools, falling debris, unstable surfaces, great heights, and exposed wires, among many other hazards, put construction workers at a near-constant risk of being injured.
Whether through a hearing or insurance settlement, Charles G. Monnett III & Associates can seek maximum compensation for your medical expenses and future care, loss of wages and lost earning potential, and other any damages allowed by law. When these accidents are the result of negligence by a third party, we also pursue additional compensation through the civil justice system.
Construction Fall Injuries
Falls can result in a myriad of different injuries, ranging from broken bones to traumatic brain injury.
Other all-too-common construction fall injuries include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Severed spinal cords
- Closed head injuries
- Brain damage
- Organ damage
If you or a member of your family was seriously injured in a construction site fall, you need a lawyer you can trust to have a positive impact on the quality of your future.
Effectively Handling Construction Site Accident Cases
Construction accident lawsuits are unique because of the organizational structure of workers, contractors, managers, and supervisors. It is sometimes difficult to determine who is at fault for the accident. Our Charlotte construction accident lawyers have extensive experience handling these types of claims. We know how to identify the negligent party and seek monetary damages for both financial and emotional suffering.
In addition, we have a proven record of success in filing and appealing workers’ compensation claims for accidents occurring while at work.
Construction Workers' Compensation Insurance
Construction firms and contractors with three or more employees are required by law to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Workers’ compensation insurance covers related medical care and lost wages, subject to certain restrictions. It is not necessary to prove fault by the employer.
Successful Workers' Compensation Settlements
Our firm has been successful in securing favorable workers’ compensation settlements for our clients, including the following:
- $2,500,000: Workers' compensation settlement for man who sustained a traumatic brain injury while employed by a logging company in 2006 in Guilford County, NC
- $2,500,000: Recovered for a woman who sustained a traumatic brain injury after her vehicle was struck by a commercial truck while stopped for traffic in a construction zone; a substantial reduction of the workers' compensation lien was negotiated and the lien was resolved for a total payment of $100,000. The woman will continue to receive weekly workers' compensation benefits and all future medical expenses will be paid by the workers compensation insurance carrier in 2009 in Almanace County, NC.
- $1,730,000: Workers' compensation settlement for undocumented worker paralyzed in a fall from a scaffold in Mecklenburg County, NC in 2006
- $1,250,000: Workers' compensation settlement for man who sustained a traumatic brain injury as a result of an exploding tire and rim; 2007, Mecklenburg County, NC
- $487,000: Workers' compensation settlement for worker who suffered a traumatic brain injury from a fall on the job; 2011, Mecklenburg County, NC
- $350,000: Settlement for man with hypoxic brain injury and neurologic disorder after fall into open sewer line; workers' compensation claim was resolved for an additional $500,000 payment and waiver of workers' compensation lien. 2006, York County, SC
- $600,000: Recovery arising out of a fall on a construction site where the general contractor failed to have OSHA-required barriers in place; $450,000 plus medical benefits were recovered under workers' compensation. 2011, Iredell County, NC
- $500,000: Workers' compensation settlement for man who contracted rare neurologic disorder after exposure to industrial and residential sewage; 2004, Mecklenburg County, NC
- $465,000: Recovery for the estate of unmarried, Hispanic male with no children; the decedent was killed by a construction vehicle which backed over him while he working on a job site for an excavation company. The recovery included $117,000 in workers' compensation death benefits; 2007
For more examples of our past successes in falls and other construction accident cases, please see our verdicts and settlements page. Every case is unique and must be evaluated on its particular merits. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
Charles was always available and informative on this process.- Susan Z.
Without their help, I would probably have lost everything that I owned.- Rick M.
Lauren Newton exceeded all of my expectations and she genuinely cares about her clients.- Jade B.
The experience I had was exactly what I wanted.- Jacob G.
I was very satisfied.- Raven B.
$2.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
Workers’ compensation settlement for a man who sustained a traumatic brain injury while employed by a logging company.
$1.73 Million Scaffolding Accident
Workers’ compensation settlement for undocumented worker paralyzed in a fall from a scaffold.
$625,000 Forklift Accident
Recovery for a truck driver who was struck by a forklift at a warehouse facility while they were unloading his truck.
$600,000 Construction Accident
Recovery arising out of a fall on a construction site where the general contractor failed to have OSHA-required barriers in place
$500,000 Workers’ Compensation Settlement
A man contracted a rare neurologic disorder after exposure to industrial and residential sewage.
The attorneys at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates can take the necessary steps to help ensure that you receive all compensation that the law allows—ensuring that a victim’s current and future needs are fully taken into account. Every employer owes a safe working environment for its employees and workers and is obligated to take reasonable measures to ensure safety.
Our Charlotte construction accident attorneys seek just compensation for victims of construction site accidents relating to negligent management decisions or reckless behavior, uncertified equipment operators, OSHA violations, and all employer liability issues. Our lawyers interview witnesses, procure files and plans, and study the site of the accident to fully understand the worker’s loss.
Whether you or a loved one were injured due to faulty machinery, unsafe working conditions, or from a fall, the construction accident attorneys at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates are here to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Compassionate Legal Professionals
You Won't See Us On TV
Committed to the Community
Experienced Trial Lawyers
Free Consultation for Injury Victims