Our attorneys have the knowledge, skill and experience to help you understand the law, the claims and litigation process, and your options when it comes to pursuing justice for you and your loved ones.
How Can We Help You & Your Family?Injury Cases We Handle
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Long Term Disability
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian & Bicyclist Collisions
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Sexual Assault
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
The personal injury attorneys at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates handle a wide range of claim types, including but not limited to:
- Car Accidents: Auto collision cases include rear-end crashes, sideswipes, rollovers, head-on crashes, and more. If you’ve been injured, seek medical attention immediately, then call us to help with your claim.
- Workers’ Compensation: A workers’ compensation claim can be brought when an employee is injured while on the job. Weekly compensation, impairment benefits, medical bills, and rehabilitation expenses can be covered under workers’ compensation. An experienced attorney can help you understand and collect the benefits allowed by law.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice can involve a variety of injuries, such as cerebral palsy from birth injuries, surgery or medication errors, and failure to diagnose serious or life-threatening conditions. Proving medical malpractice claims can be complex and challenging at times. A medical malpractice plaintiff must prove that the healthcare provider was negligent, and that his or her negligence caused harm. Contact us to see whether we can help you with your medical malpractice case.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Brain injuries can range from concussions to skull fractures and worse. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can present devastating and long-term effects. Symptoms can include cognitive difficulties, an inability to focus, difficulty with eye and hand coordination, and increased aggressive behavior, among other things. Let our experienced brain injury attorneys help you with you or your loved one’s case.
- Premises Liability: Premises liability occurs when a person is injured from unsafe or defective conditions on someone else’s property. Property owners can be held liable if an injury or damages are caused by dangerous conditions or a failure to maintain the property. We have experience in handling premises liability cases across the state.
- Product Liability: Product liability refers to defective and dangerous products on the market that cause injury to consumers. A product can be defective and unreasonably dangerous in its manufacture or design. If such a product causes injury, the manufacturer or seller can be held liable for damages.
- Abuse/Assault: Sexual assault or abuse occurs with any form of non-consensual or unwanted conduct, including derogatory name calling, threats, rape, and more. Not all abuse or assault is sexual; it can include acts of violence, such as battery or domestic violence.
- Wrongful Death: Wrongful death is when a person dies due to someone else’s negligence or other misconduct. This can result from a car or truck accident, medical malpractice, defective products, or any other cause due to the negligence or carelessness of another.
Hiring a professional advocate with the knowledge and experience to assist you can help ensure a smoother and more successful process.
Contact Charles G. Monnett III & Associates Today for a Free Consultation
Don’t suffer through this difficult time alone any longer. The attorneys at Charles G. Monnett III & Associates can fight for you! We dedicate our time and energy to give your case the care it deserves. Let us help you move on with your life.
Speak with our team members today by calling (704) 859-2003.
TestimonialsWhat Our Clients Say About Us
Charles was always available and informative on this process.- Susan Z.
Without their help, I would probably have lost everything that I owned.- Rick M.
Lauren Newton exceeded all of my expectations and she genuinely cares about her clients.- Jade B.
The experience I had was exactly what I wanted.- Jacob G.
I was very satisfied.- Raven B.
Proven Record of Success
$13 Million Medical Negligence Verdict
An infant suffered an undiagnosed case of bacterial meningitis that caused severe neurological damage.
$10 Million Car Accident Verdict
Verdict for a child who sustained a severe traumatic brain injury in an automobile accident.
$9.075 Million Car Accident Verdict
Confidential settlement for a family struck by an underage impaired driver.
$8 Million Confidential Settlement
Confidential settlement for an infant with bilateral leg amputations following improper placement of the femoral line.
$4.75 Million Defective Automobile
Settlement for a woman severely injured as a result of a defective automobile.
$3.375 Million Failure to Diagnose
Confidential settlement on behalf of a child with severe visual impairments resulting from the failure to properly diagnose retinopathy of prematurity in a newborn child.
$3 Million Cerebral Palsy
Confidential settlement for a child with cerebral palsy as a result of birth-related brain injury.
$3 Million Negligent Administration of Nerve Block
Confidential settlement for a woman with hypoxic-ischemic brain injury as a result of negligent administration of nerve block for headache.
$2.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
Recovery for a woman who sustained a traumatic brain injury after her vehicle was struck by a commercial truck while stopped for traffic in a construction zone.
$2.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
Workers’ compensation settlement for a man who sustained a traumatic brain injury while employed by a logging company.
Benefits to Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
If you were injured due to someone’s negligence, our Charlotte personal injury attorneys can help. We will take care of all the details pertaining to your case. We will help free up your time so you can focus on healing during this difficult time.
When filing a personal injury claim, remember that time limits apply. In the State of North Carolina, the statute of limitations for a personal injury case generally allows the injured party three years to file a lawsuit. Wrongful death cases must be filed within two years of the date of death. There are different statutes of limitations and statutes of repose that may apply depending on the circumstances and type of case you have. An attorney can ensure that you meet this important deadline. Most importantly, your attorney can help determine if your injury qualifies for compensation.
If you have been involved in an accident or lost a loved one, allow our firm to help by removing the burden of phone calls, questions from investigators and extensive paperwork.